Mmm. Live. One of my favourite restaurants here in Toronto. I’ve been meaning to make a post about them for ages, but didn’t have any pictures to share, as I have never brought my camera with me when dining there. But the other day I picked up one of their take-out containers of food from Noah’s Natural Foods and decided that now would be the perfect time to post about them, what with this month being my Vegan Challenge month.
I’ve been going to Live off and on for about a year now, and fell in love with the food from the first bite. The restaurant started out as an all raw, vegan place back in 2003, but added in some cooked dishes a few years after they opened. Now they’ve got a whole line of products they sell at various stores in the GTA, including these take-out dishes.
The one I picked up was a ‘Spaghetti Bolognese’: zucchini noodles with tomato, cabbage and carrots, topped with a sundried tomato sauce, almond ‘cheese’ and walnut ‘bolognese’. Ok, I know that sentence was a little excessive with the quotation marks, but that’s unfortunately one of the things that happens with raw food sometimes – raw, vegan versions of old favourites that, well, aren’t quite like the old favourite. Admittedly, we always have a bit of a laugh over it, but enjoy the food none-the-less.
This take-out container made an awesome, filling lunch and made me feel like I’d eaten something healthy without it being the least bit boring. It was perfect after a long run at the gym.
Now I just need to get back to the restaurant to take some pictures and share with you more of their dishes!
Trackbacks & Pingbacks
- Taste T.O. – Food & Drink In Toronto » What’s Cooking – Monday, February 8th pingbacked Posted February 8, 2010, 6:39 pm
- Latest Natural Health Food Store News | Health Herbal Nutrition pingbacked Posted October 9, 2011, 11:55 pm
- Health food store cat, May 08 | healthwk.com pingbacked Posted October 18, 2011, 8:53 am
- Cool Health Food Bars images pingbacked Posted December 1, 2011, 11:41 am
- Live Food Bar’s ‘Spaghetti Bolognese’ | Gluten Free Map pingbacked Posted August 16, 2012, 4:31 pm