Food TV Cooking Club: May
I sort of suspected that this month’s recipe was going to be a hit. Chocolate and bananas, a fantastic combination, baked into a brownie. And yes, it was delicious, with the right balance of flavours between the chocolate and the banana.Â I baked mine into mini loaves because I really love my mini loaf pan.
The original recipe is here, and my slight modifications are listed below.
- 1/2 lb. dark chocolate
- 1/2 lb. milk chocolate
- 2 sticks (1 cup) of butter
- 4 eggs
- 4 ripe bananas
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- Package of banana chips
- Preheat your oven to 325F.
- Melt the chocolate and butter together in a small bowl set over a pot of simmering water.
- In a separate bowl, mash together the eggs and bananas. Add the flour, sugar, cocoa and baking powder and stir to combine. Pour in the melted chocolate mixture and stir.
- To make mini loafs: Butter and flour your mini loaf pan (mine makes 8 loaves).Â Divide batter evenly between the loaves and place a banana chip on top of each loaf.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean and the brownies are firm to touch.