So MrBunsRocks over at The daily struggles of the domestic un-goddess has blog-tagged me. Apparently I’m now to tell you five things you may not have known about me. In the interest of keeping mostly on-topic, I’ll tell you five things that are in some way about food.
- As a kid, I was in Brownies. To get my baking badge, I made a chocolate cake. In order to get my badge, I had to serve the cake to my fellow Brownies and the instructors. The night I was to do that, I got through serving about 4 slices and promptly puked on the rest of the cake. Oy. I guess I had a bit of a flu bug or something, but stubborn me wouldn’t stay home. I think I was 5 or 6 at the time.
- I grew up in a very white, suburban area of Canada. Therefore, I had very little exposure to anything, well, epicurean! Most meals as I was a kid were your typical meat and potatoes, or later on when I went vegetarian, veggie loaf and potatoes. Heh. I came to love cuisines from around the world once I moved to Ottawa and could get Indian, Thai, Korean or Lebanese all within a few block radius.
- I have very weird food allergies: scallops, lobster, and macadamia nuts. I’m fine with other shellfish or nuts, just those things!
- While I love to experiment with baking and cooking, there is one item that I, without fail, bake almost every month: Banana bread. I have a great recipe for it that turns out moist and delicious every time. Sometimes the simple foods I remember from childhood are the best ones.
- My guilty food pleasures are lattes, chocolate brownies, white pasta, and nachos. Not good for me but so tasty!
I won’t tag anyone else, but if someone wants to do this and post it to their blog, go for it!